Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Low-carb alternative to mashed potatoes. Load up with toppings for a twice-baked-type dish.
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 14.79 ml cream cheese, softened
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1.23 ml garlic (minced)
- 1.23 ml Nu-salt
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 14.79 ml butter
- Clean the cauliflower and cut into small pieces. Cook in a large pot of boiling water for 6-10 minutes, until very well done.
- Drain well. Pat between paper towels or spin in a salad spinner to remove as much water as possible. Do not let cool.
- Pulse the all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
This is such a great idea! I am trying to lose weight and loved the idea of a vegetable that doesn't taste like one. Loved the recipe! I used Philadelphia Garden Vegetable cream cheese as a sub, I was out of plain. Also sea salt instead of nu-salt.
This is a great alternative for mashed potatoes if like me you can't have them they make my bloods go sky high also if you are just on a diet and want to keep your starch down. I have made this a lot but not quite the same as this recipe I like the addition of the cheese it's got a bit more flavour. I cook mine in the micro with just a wee bit of water it means the cauliflower is not quite as wet as when you boil it, A very nice recipe thank you for posting. Made for honor thy mother tag game May 2011