Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I make this recipe for parties, potlucks and special get togethers. It is very easy and every time I make it, I am asked for the recipe!
- 4 lbs carrots, cooked
- 8 ounces butter
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons onion salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 16 ounces whipping cream (approximately)
- 2 1⁄2 cups Ritz crackers, crushed
- Cut carrots and boil in salted water until tender.
- Transfer carrots to mixing bowl, add 6 ounces (1 1/2 sticks) of butter, salts, sugar and whipping cream. Mash as you would for mashed potatoes.
- Place mashed carrots in 13 X 9 pyrex dish.
- Cut 1/2 stick of butter into pieces and place on top of carrots.
- Top with crushed Ritz crackers.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.