Recipe by Dying2Live
I had these at an appreciation dinner at Treasure Island Casino in Minnesota and later asked the banquet manager to give me the recipe. These were delicious and very easy to make. They taste like candy and melt in your mouth . If you like you can thicken them up with instant mashed potatos, this gives them a bit smoother texture and enables you to use a pastry gun to plate the yams for a fancier presentaion.
- 8 yams
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 eggs
- instant potato flakes (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and halve yams then boil until cooked through and drain.
- Mash yams and cover to keep warm while cooking the rest.
- Combine all ingredients except the yams and eggs in a seperate pan and cook on the stove top over medium high to high heat until it comes to a slow boil and simmer for a just couple more minutes.
- Add mashed yams and and eggs and stir until combined.
- Thicken with instant mased potatos if desired and serve.