Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Brussels sprouts are my new favourite vegetable and this recipes from the Guardian newspaper looks very tempting, though I haven't tried it yet. The 20 minutes cooking time is an estimate.
- 1 1⁄2 kg Brussels sprouts
- 284 ml double cream
- 150 g parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 175 C or 350°F.
- Clean up the sprouts by removing any outside leaves that look a bit old and then parboil them in unsalted water for about 4-6 minutes.
- Drain and put in a food processor, along with the cream and some salt and pepper.
- Whizz for about 20 seconds until they're just roughly chopped but not a purée.
- Stir in the parmesan, leaving a bit aside.
- Put in an ovenproof dish and sprinkle the remaining parmesan over the top.
- Bake until the top gets a fine, crunchy crust.
Whenever I make this, I just eyeball everything. However, it comes out perfect every single time. I made this for the first time over a year ago and have had it every holiday since and will have it every holiday for a long time. This is absolutely delicious and probably the best way to eat brussel sprouts. I even got my extremely picky nephew to eat it and he loved it, too!! This is the recipe everyone asks me for.
Hubby loved these. They were so easy and the parmesan and cream really did make the shredded brussels sprouts seem mashed. We love roasted brussels sprouts, but this is another great way to prepare them.
This recipe is a keeper! I made it just as was posted. Next time I might add a bit of swiss cheese as suggested. It was wonderful, just as is though. Very good.