Recipe by Sackville
Brussels sprouts are my new favourite vegetable and this recipes from the Guardian newspaper looks very tempting, though I haven't tried it yet. The 20 minutes cooking time is an estimate.
- 1 1⁄2 kg Brussels sprouts
- 284 ml double cream
- 150 g parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 175 C or 350°F.
- Clean up the sprouts by removing any outside leaves that look a bit old and then parboil them in unsalted water for about 4-6 minutes.
- Drain and put in a food processor, along with the cream and some salt and pepper.
- Whizz for about 20 seconds until they're just roughly chopped but not a purée.
- Stir in the parmesan, leaving a bit aside.
- Put in an ovenproof dish and sprinkle the remaining parmesan over the top.
- Bake until the top gets a fine, crunchy crust.