1/4 Photos of Mashed Brussels Sprouts With Parmesan and Cream
Brussels sprouts are my new favourite vegetable and this recipes from the Guardian newspaper looks very tempting, though I haven't tried it yet. The 20 minutes cooking time is an estimate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 175 C or 350°F.
- 2Clean up the sprouts by removing any outside leaves that look a bit old and then parboil them in unsalted water for about 4-6 minutes.
- 3Drain and put in a food processor, along with the cream and some salt and pepper.
- 4Whizz for about 20 seconds until they're just roughly chopped but not a purée.
- 5Stir in the parmesan, leaving a bit aside.
- 6Put in an ovenproof dish and sprinkle the remaining parmesan over the top.
- 7Bake until the top gets a fine, crunchy crust.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mashed Brussels Sprouts With Parmesan and Cream
Serving Size: 1 (485 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 546.4
- Calories from Fat 354
- Total Fat 39.4 g
- Saturated Fat 23.5 g
- Cholesterol 132.2 mg
- Sodium 679.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 25.4 g