Recipe by Mrs Goodall
Got this easy recipe from Cuisine at Home June '03. Tastes fabulous and takes only 15 minutes! Very easy to halve or double to.
Top Review by Debbwl
Really liked that this was so quick and easy, also liked how easily I could cut it in half for just the two of us. DH loved that these were not spicy hot but more like what his mother used to make. Thanks for the post.
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup water, may need up to 1 cup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until golden, stirring often, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add beans and mash coarsely with a potato masher, mashing in onion and and garlic at the same time.
- Thin beans with enough water to give them a soft consistency that barely holds it shape in a spoon.
- Season with salt.
- Cover and keep warm until serving.