1/1 Photo of Mashed Black Beans
Mrs Goodall's Note:
Got this easy recipe from Cuisine at Home June '03. Tastes fabulous and takes only 15 minutes! Very easy to halve or double to.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add onion and cook until golden, stirring often, about 7 minutes.
- 3Stir in garlic and cook 1 minute.
- 4Add beans and mash coarsely with a potato masher, mashing in onion and and garlic at the same time.
- 5Thin beans with enough water to give them a soft consistency that barely holds it shape in a spoon.
- 6Season with salt.
- 7Cover and keep warm until serving.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mashed Black Beans
Serving Size: 1 (957 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.8
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 178.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.3 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 15.5 g