Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Got this easy recipe from Cuisine at Home June '03. Tastes fabulous and takes only 15 minutes! Very easy to halve or double to.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until golden, stirring often, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add beans and mash coarsely with a potato masher, mashing in onion and and garlic at the same time.
- Thin beans with enough water to give them a soft consistency that barely holds it shape in a spoon.
- Season with salt.
- Cover and keep warm until serving.
So easy and so good! Made for Culinary Quest Summer 2014. Thanks for sharing!
This is one of my favorite side dish/sauces. I prepared this (frijoles refritos) as described, but I added 2 fresh springs savory from the garden as this make it even more delicous.<br/>Using cannad black beans it's very easy, convenient and fast especially as you don't need big quantities of this dish. <br/>Made for culinary quest 2014
easy peasy tastes like the beans in a mexican place i go made for south american leg cakepops on parade