1/1 Photo of Mashed Banana Fritters
It's a popular Malaysian snack that's traditionally deep-fried, but here I am pan-frying it in a smidgen of butter or cooking oil. That works too and it's way healthier. ^_^ Children love it, too, as it's mildly sweet. Great as an afternoon snack with a mug of coffee or tea.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the flours, baking powder, soda, salt and sugar in a bowl.
- 2Stir it into the mashed banana with a fork. (Add the fourth tbs of flour if mixture is too soft.).
- 3Heat a frying pan to medium-hot and add enough oil to coat the flat area. (Traditionally, this snack is deep-fried but I find it not all that necessary.).
- 4Scoop a tablespoon of the banana mixture onto the pan when the oil is heated to medium hot (a soft sizzling sound when the batter touches it). Flatten the batter slightly.
- 5Fry one side till medium brown and flip over to fry the other side.
- 6Place cooked fritters on a few layers of kitchen paper. Best served warm but cooled is good, too. :).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mashed Banana Fritters
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.2
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 135.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 1.5 g