It's a popular Malaysian snack that's traditionally deep-fried, but here I am pan-frying it in a smidgen of butter or cooking oil. That works too and it's way healthier. ^_^ Children love it, too, as it's mildly sweet. Great as an afternoon snack with a mug of coffee or tea.
- Mix the flours, baking powder, soda, salt and sugar in a bowl.
- Stir it into the mashed banana with a fork. (Add the fourth tbs of flour if mixture is too soft.).
- Heat a frying pan to medium-hot and add enough oil to coat the flat area. (Traditionally, this snack is deep-fried but I find it not all that necessary.).
- Scoop a tablespoon of the banana mixture onto the pan when the oil is heated to medium hot (a soft sizzling sound when the batter touches it). Flatten the batter slightly.
- Fry one side till medium brown and flip over to fry the other side.
- Place cooked fritters on a few layers of kitchen paper. Best served warm but cooled is good, too. :).