Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are the directions on the back of the bag of Maseca instant corn masa mix. It's put here so I can quickly just change the serving size to get the number of tortillas I want.
- mix thoroughly for about 2 minutes to form soft dough. If dough feels dry add more water one tablespoon at a time.
- Divide into (16) equal balls.
- cover with damp cloth to keep dough moist.
- line a tortilla press with two sheets of thick plastic wrap.
- place ball between plastic wrap and press until tortilla measures 5 to 6 inches in diameter.
- Carefully peel off plastic wrap.
- Preheat ungreased griddle,skillet or comal on medium high heat.
- Cook tortillas one at a time for 50 seconds.
- turn then cook the second side for another 50 seconds.
- cover tortillas with cloth napkin to keep soft and warm.