Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Chef Ryan DePersio at his restaurant Fascino in New Jersey made this as requested by Vincent, who e-mailed the Chef and this is the final recipe. It looked very interesting and I posted it for safekeeping. Saw it on an NBC video.
- 2 cups water
- 6 cups organic low sodium chicken broth or 6 cups homemade chicken stock
- 4 cups polenta
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 lb mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 -2 cup semolina flour
- canola oil (for frying)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 6 shallots, sliced thin
- 1 garlic clove, sliced thin
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups gorgonzola
- MAKE THE FRIES:.
- Bring the stock,water, salt, pepper, and bay leaves to a boil.
- Remove bay leaves and gradually whisk in polenta, stirring with a wooden spoon for 5 minutes.
- Stir in mascarpone.
- Line 1/2 of sheet pan with plastic wrap.
- Pour polenta into the pan and flatten evenly until smooth.
- Cover with plastic.
- Put in refrigerator for an hour, and then cut into 3 inch by 1-inch fries.
- When ready to fry, dust the fries with semolina flour and fry in canola oil at 375ºF for 2 minutes.
- MAKE THE FONDUTA:.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan.
- Add shallots and sweat for 5 minutes, then add vinegar.
- Cook until vinegar is almost gone.
- Add heavy cream and reduce by half.
- Whisk in Gorgonzola and add water if consistency is too thick.
- Pass through chinois or fine sieve and pour over hot fries.