Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love mascarpone cheese and this sounds good.
- 177.44 ml heavy whipping cream
- 14.79 ml granulated sugar
- 113.39 g mascarpone cheese
- 56.69 g cream cheese
- 0.59 ml pure vanilla extract
- 44.37 ml powdered sugar
- In a small chilled metal bowl whisk heavy cream in a figure eight motion. Just as soft peaks are forming, add the granulated sugar gradually. Continue whipping the cream until stiff peaks form.
- Cover the bowl and chill in an ice bath. Combine room temperature mascarpone and cream cheese with a rubber scraper. Add vanilla and powdered sugar. When cheese mixture reaches a smooth consistency, set aside, keeping the mixture at room temperature. Just before serving , lightly fold whipped cream into the cheese mixture.
Excellent mousse, very delicate texture - highly recommended to refrigerate before serving.
Loved this recipe. I filled my puff pastry horns with it.