Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love mascarpone cheese and this sounds good.
Make and share this Mascarpone Mousse recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- In a small chilled metal bowl whisk heavy cream in a figure eight motion. Just as soft peaks are forming, add the granulated sugar gradually. Continue whipping the cream until stiff peaks form.
- Cover the bowl and chill in an ice bath. Combine room temperature mascarpone and cream cheese with a rubber scraper. Add vanilla and powdered sugar. When cheese mixture reaches a smooth consistency, set aside, keeping the mixture at room temperature. Just before serving , lightly fold whipped cream into the cheese mixture.
Excellent mousse, very delicate texture - highly recommended to refrigerate before serving.
Loved this recipe. I filled my puff pastry horns with it.