Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found in a newspaper column last year, really tasty and so easy.
- 1 cup fresh raspberry, 4 extra for garnish
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Puree the raspberries in blender.
- Press through a fine sieve to remove seeds.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the mascarpone, sugar, vanilla and raspberry puree with electric mixer until smooth and fluffy.
- Spoon into individual dessert dishes and garnish with the extra raspberries.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
This is a really tasty dessert. Even better is that it is so simple! I was not able to get my hands on some fresh berries, so I just thawed some frozen ones and it worked well. I served it in champagne parfait glasses and sprinkled some chocolate shavings on top in addition to the raspberry. This recipe is a keeper!
This a super easy recipe! I didn't have much else on hand so this worked a treat. Only 4 stars though because I though the raspberries were too tart so added powdered sugar. I also used my food processor to grind up some white chocolate and added that. Hope hubby likes it ;)
I am sitting on the fence with this one.... My husband found it too rich, my daughter loved it! Bonus points are that it makes up easy and you can use frozen berries... but it came out quite thick and only filled my glass dishes 1/3 of the way up. I added some chopped strawberries, hoping that it would fill it up a bit. It was good, but very rich. I am wondering if by adding more raspberry puree or Cool Whip if it would lighten it up. We have friends who are raspberry growers so I get an abundance of berries during the season. I freeze alot for winter use, so I will play around with this one