Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Need a sauce for a delicate lobster ravioli? Here's your sauce! This sauce can also be used for mushroom or butternut ravioli's with equal success. This sauce is definitely not for dieters, but shines at a formal Italian dinner where calorie counting is not heeded. Make sure you use a good parmasen cheese (not something out of a box). A nice Sauvignon Blanc is a great accompaniment to this sauce.
- Melt butter in a suce pan over medium heat.
- Add mascarpone cheese into pan after butter has melted, and stir until the mascarpone has all melted.
- Add the parmasean cheese at once and stir to mix off the heat (the sauce will clump up if it gets too hot with the parmasean added).
- Stir in the nutmeg.
- If needed, adjust the sauce's thickness with heavy cream.
- Season to taste with pepper.
What a wonderful sauce! I served it with a pear and candied pecan ravioli.
Rich sauce, perfect texture, absolutely delicious - will be making again, perfect for so many dishes.
This is so rich and delicious!