1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Grace Lynn's Note:
This is the best cheesecake I have ever made or eaten! I think the mascarpone is key and the balsamic strawberries is a must. It elevates this cheesecake to a different level. Recipe is from Wente Vineyards Restaurant in Livermore, California.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups ground crumbs from purchased almond biscotti (about 6 ounces)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 lbs cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1 3/4 cups sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar, divided use
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups quartered hulled strawberries
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1Tightly wrap outside of a 9-inch-diameter springform pan with 2 3/4-inch-high sides with 2 layers of heavy-duty foil.
- 2Mix biscotti crumbs and butter in bowl.
- 3Press mixture evenly onto bottom (not sides) of prepared pan.
- 4Chill 30 minutes.
- 5Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 6Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese, mascarpone and 1 1/4 cups sugar in large bowl until smooth.
- 7Add eggs 1 at a time; beat just until blended.
- 8Spread cheese mixture evenly over crust in pan.
- 9Place springform pan in large roasting pan.
- 10Pour enough hot water into roasting pan to come halfway up sides of springform pan.
- 11Bake until cheesecake is golden and center of cake moves only slightly when pan is shaken, about 1 hour 10 minutes.
- 12Transfer cake to rack; cool 1 hour.
- 13Chill overnight.
- 14(Cake can be made 2 days ahead. Cover and keep chilled. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before serving.) Mix strawberries, 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar and vinegar in large bowl.
- 15Let stand at room temperature until juices form, about 30 minutes.
- 16Cut cake into wedges.
- 17Spoon strawberries alongside and serve.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mascarpone Cheesecake with Balsamic Strawberries
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 550.8
- Calories from Fat 351
- Total Fat 39.1 g
- Saturated Fat 22.2 g
- Cholesterol 155.4 mg
- Sodium 309.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 43.4 g
- Protein 7.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: