"Dulce de leche is a soft milk-caramel confection that is yet again one of the year's top flavors. If you don't have time to make the sauce, look for it with the ice cream toppings at the market. Note that the baked cheesecake must be chilled overnight before serving." From Epicurious.Com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup pecans (about 1 1/2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 (8 ounce) containers mascarpone cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
For candied pecans
For dulce de leche sauce
- 1For crust:.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 3Finely grine pecans in processor.
- 4Mix butter, flour, ground pecans, sugar and vanilla essence.
- 5Press into greased 9" springform pan.
- 6For filling:.
- 7Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese in large bowl until smooth.
- 8Add mascarpone and flour; beat until smooth, occasionally scraping down sides of bowl with rubber spatula.
- 9Gradually add sugar and beat until smooth. Beat in vanilla and lemon juice.
- 10Add eggs 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- 11Pour filling over crust in the springform pan.
- 12Place springform pan in large roasting pan. Pour enough hot water into roasting pan to come halfway up sides of springform pan.
- 13Bake cheesecake until top is golden and cake is almost set (center 2 inches will still move slightly when pan is gently shaken), about 1 hour 15 minutes.
- 14Meanwhile --
- 15For candied pecans:.
- 16Line baking sheet with foil; spray with nonstick spray.
- 17Combine sugar, and water in heavy small saucepan.
- 18Stir over medium-low heat until sugar dissolves.
- 19Increase heat; boil without stirring until syrup is deep amber color, occasionally brushing down sides of pan with pastry brush dipped in water and swirling pan, about 7 minutes.
- 20Remove from heat.
- 21Immediately stir in pecans. Quickly pour mixture out onto prepared baking sheet. Working quickly and using 2 forks, separate pecans into individual halves. Cool completely.
- 22Break candied pecans apart, leaving each pecan half intact with some candied caramel attached.
- 23(Can be made 1 week ahead. Store airtight at room temperature. Makes about 1 cup.).
- 24(Can toast pecans at 350°F for 5-7 minutes first before stirring them into caramel).
- 25For dulce de leche sauce:.
- 26Combine whipping cream and brown sugar in heavy medium saucepan.
- 27Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- 28Boil until mixture is reduced to 1 cup, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- 29Stir in sweetened condensed milk.
- 30(Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Rewarm over medium-low heat just until warm and pourable. Makes about 1 1/3 cups.).
- 31Cool cake on rack 1 hour.
- 32Refrigerate uncovered overnight.
- 33(Can be made 2 days ahead. Cover and keep refrigerated.).
- 34Arrange Candied Pecans decoratively atop cake. Cut cake into wedges. Serve with Dulce de Leche Sauce.
- 35*Italian cream cheese, available at Italian markets and many supermarkets.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mascarpone Cheesecake W. Candied Pecans and Dulce De Leche Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 519.4
- Calories from Fat 265
- Total Fat 29.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 131.5 mg
- Sodium 119.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 50.2 g
- Protein 6.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: