Proud Veteran's wife's Note:
This recipe I got from Five Star Classics (the essential guide to cooking with gourmet cheese vol 1) it was a free little book from Albertsons. I really loved the recipes in it so thought I would post and share them here! This is a very versatile recipe that has 4 different ways you can make the brownies. Hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- parchment paper
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate or 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup flour
CHOCOLATE SIN MASCARPONE BROWNIES
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar (optional)
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche (optional)
FOR DOUBLE TOFFEE MASCARPONE BROWNIES
- 2 teaspoons espresso powder (optional)
- 3/4 cup toffee pieces, divided reserve 1/4 cup (optional)
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche (optional)
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar (optional)
FOR BOURBON PECAN MASCARPONE BROWNIES
- 1(CLASSIC CHEESECAKE BROWNIES)---Preheat oven to 350'F Grease 9" square baking pan, then line with 14"X8" sheet of parchment paper, overlapping parchment on two sides to form "handles.".
- 2In a medium bowl, blend 1 cup of Mascarpone Cheese and 1 egg yolk; stir in 3 Tablespoons Sugar, 3 Tablespoons Flour until smooth, set aside.
- 3In a large, heavy nonstick saucepan, melt 1 stick of butter, 2 oz chopped bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, stirring constantly over low heat until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and 2 large eggs until well blended. Stir in 2/3 cup flour until well blended.
- 4Spread about 1/2 brownie batter into pan. Alternately spoon on Mascarpone and remaining brownie batter. Shake pan back and forth gently on countertop to level the batters. With the tip of a knife, swirl to marble mixtures.
- 5Bake 30-35 minutes or until brownies just begin to pull from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on rack. Chill before cutting for best results.
- 6(FOR CHOCOLATE SIN MASCARPONE BROWNIES).-----Add 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips to brownie batter at end of STEP 3; bake and cool as directed. Meanwhile, blend 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, 2 Tablespoons confectioner's sugar and 1/2 cup Creme Fraiche in a small heavy saucepan over low heat. Stir constantly until smooth. Pour glaze over brownies and chill until set.
- 7(FOR DOUBLE TOFFEE MASCARPONE BROWNIES)------Add 2 Teaspoons espresso powder to brownie batter with sugar in STEP 3 mix as directed, then stir in 1/2 cup chopped hard toffee candy such as Heath or Werther's. Bake and cool as directed. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat 1/2 cup Creme Fraiche with 3 Tablespoons confectioner's sugar until soft peaks form; stir in another 1/4 cup reserved toffee. Serve immediately over brownies.
- 8(FOR BOURBON PECAN MASCARPONE BROWNIES).-----Add 2 Tablespoons bourbon and 1/2 cup chopped pecans to brownie batter after STEP 3; bake and cool as directed. Meanwhile in a small saucepan, combine another 2 Tablespoons bourbon, 1/2 cup Creme Fraiche and 1/2 cup light brown sugar. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 5 minutes. Chill sauce before drizzling over brownies.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mascarpone-Cheesecake Brownies Four Ways
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.9
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 71.3 mg
- Sodium 68.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 19.9 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: