2 hrs 10 mins
Source: Everyday Italian
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted
- 2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 (8 ounce) containers mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread (recommended -- Nutella)
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1For the crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Tightly wrap the outside of a 9-inch diameter springform pan with 2 3/4-inch-high sides with 3 layers of heavy-duty foil.
- 3Finely grind the almonds, cracker crumbs, and sugar in a food processor.
- 4Add the butter and process until moist crumbs form.
- 5Press the almond mixture onto the bottom of the prepared pan (not on the sides of the pan).
- 6Bake the crust until it is set and beginning to brown, about 12 minutes. Cool.
- 7Decrease the oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
- 8For the filling: Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, mascarpone cheese, and sugar in a large bowl until smooth, occasionally scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- 9Beat in the lemon juice and vanilla.
- 10Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- 11Pour the cheese mixture over the crust in the pan.
- 12Place the springform pan in a large roasting pan.
- 13Pour enough hot water into the roasting pan to come halfway up the sides of the springform pan.
- 14Bake until the center of the cheesecake moves slightly when the pan is gently shaken, about 1 hour 5 minutes (the cake will become firm when it is cold).
- 15Transfer the cake to a rack; cool for 1 hour.
- 16Refrigerate until the cheesecake is cold, at least 8 hours and up to 2 days.
- 17For the topping: Combine the chocolate-hazelnut spread and cream in a small bowl.
- 18Heat in the microwave until warm, stirring every 20 seconds to blend, about 1 minute.
- 19Cut the cake into wedges.
- 20Drizzle the chocolate sauce over the wedges and serve.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mascarpone Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 414.5
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 121.4 mg
- Sodium 170.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 32.8 g
- Protein 7.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: