1/2 Photos of Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
1 hr 5 mins
Found this at gildedfork.com who asked Baker's Edge to come up with a recipe and "here is the wonderful combination of honey and mascarpone! Let's see, if you won't faint over this indulgent array of ingredients. The brownies are excessive enough but with the warm sauce it is even better!" As if you could improve upon this awesome flavor." Update: 05/20/2008 A reviewer made these comments about the baking times. "However, in a 9x13 pan, 45 minutes is way too long for them. I baked them for 30 minutes, and they were still slightly overdone around the edges. Next time I will bake them for 25 minutes."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
HONEY CHOCOLATE SAUCE
- 2Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- 3Spray the Baker's Edge pan(9x9" or 9x13") with non-stick cooking spray.
- 4Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
- 5Melt 1/2 cup butter with the chocolate.
- 6Meanwhile, in the bowl of a mixer using a paddle attachment, beat the mascarpone, 6 tablespoons of softened butter, and the sugar until light and smooth.
- 7Add the eggs to the cheese mixture one at a time and scrape the bowl thoroughly after each egg is added.
- 8Add the vanilla and mix.
- 9Add the melted chocolate and mix just until combined.
- 10Finally, add the dry ingredients and mix slowly until just combined.
- 11Pour into prepared pan and bake approximately 45 minutes or until toothpick is inserted and comes out clean.
- 12Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- 13NOTE: The brownies will rise during the baking process, but after being removed from the oven will collapse to normal height.
- 14PREPARE THE SAUCE:.
- 15Heat the heavy cream in a saucepan over medium heat just until starting to boil.
- 16Remove the pan from the heat and add both types of chocolate.
- 17Let the chocolate sit a minute and then stir until completely melted; add honey.
- 18Place brownie on plate and drizzle with sauce; then eat and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 400.5
- Calories from Fat 235
- Total Fat 26.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Cholesterol 124.7 mg
- Sodium 222.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 32.3 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: