This "chocolate soup" is really "grown-up" hot chocolate. Just remember the liqueur if you are going to share this with the kids. This recipe is courtesy of Emeril Lagasse, 2004.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup coffee-flavored liqueur (Kahlua, Sabra)
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 8 slices brioche bread or 8 slices challah, cut into 1/3-inch slices
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter or 4 tablespoons margarine, at room temperature
- 1Combine the cream and milk in a heavy, medium saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- 2Add the chocolate and cook, whisking constantly, until smooth, about 4 minutes.
- 3Remove from the heat and add liqueur.
- 4Cover to keep warm.
- 5Combine the cream cheese and honey in a small bowl and mix until well blended.
- 6Fold in the mascarpone.
- 7Spread the mixture on 4 slices of the bread and top with the remaining bread.
- 8Spread 1-1/2 teaspoons of the butter, on each side of the sandwich.
- 9Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- 10Add the sandwiches 1 at a time and cook until golden brown, 1-1/2 to 2 minutes per side.
- 11Remove and repeat with the remaining sandwiches.
- 12Cut each sandwich into 4 traingles.
- 13To serve, ladle the soup into 4 shallow bowls and top each with 1 quartered sandwich.
- 14Serve at once.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mascarpone Brioche Sandwiches With Chocolate Soup
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1037.1
- Calories from Fat 427
- Total Fat 47.4 g
- Saturated Fat 26.8 g
- Cholesterol 131.7 mg
- Sodium 1305.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 122.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 17.3 g
- Protein 22.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: