Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Delightful bite-size cheese balls. This is just a basic cheese ball--you can add whatever you like to the recipe to spice it up to make it not so ordinary. Just omit the chives and add 1/4 cup of whatever you like. I like to put in green olives sometimes and sometimes a mix of bacon and cheddar--it just depends on what you're in the mood for. Hope you enjoy.
- 1⁄4 lb mascarpone cheese or 1⁄4 lb cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped chives
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped walnuts
- In a food processor mix all ingredients except nuts until smooth.
- Remove from processor and roll in to bite-size balls.
- Coat the balls with nuts.
- Place on wax paper and chill 1 hour before serving.
I really didn't want to share these with anyone, but I did. I took a double recipe with me to a family gathering and I probably should have brought twice as many. The flavors and textures are just right!