1/2 Photos of Mascarpone and Chives Mashed and Baked Potatoes
1 hr 15 mins
This recipe comes from another Kindergarten teacher in my school. These are out of this world delicious and great with steaks or a prime rib dinner. If you need to, you can substitute cream cheese for the mascarpone.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender, 20-30 minutes. Drain thoroughly and return them to the pot in which they were cooked. Return to the heat briefly to evaporate any excess water that may still be clinging to the potatoes.
- 2Using a hand-held electric mixer, beat the Mascarpone cheese and butter into the potatoes until thoroughly incorporated and fluffy. Beat in the chives or scallions and season with salt and pepper.
- 3Transfer the potatoes to a shallow 1 1/2 to 2-quart gratin dish. Sprinkle the Parmesan over the top and then dust evenly with paprika. Cover the potatoes with plastic wrap and refrigerate for UP TO 48 hours before heating.
- 4When ready to heat the potatoes, bring them to room temperature and preheat oven to 350°F Bake the potatoes until hot, puffed, and light brown on top, about 30 minutes. Serve at once.
Browse Our Top Mashed Potatoes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mashed Potatoes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mascarpone and Chives Mashed and Baked Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 213.0
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 18.6 mg
- Sodium 202.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 8.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: