Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Thia Cooking and More. Curry pastes are the heart of Thai cooking. While you can easily purchase a jarred curry paste, making your own allows you to adjust it for your own tastes. Use 2 teaspoons ground red pepper for a mild taste or 4 teaspoons for a hot paste.
- 6 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground mace or 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 -4 teaspoons ground red pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until paste forms.