Recipe by laura.cashio
My version of the recipe that came with Bright brand Masaman curry paste. It was so easy and tasted as good as at Thai restaurants!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons masaman curry paste
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 4 -5 red new potatoes, chopped in 1 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 large yellow onion, chopped coarsely
- 3⁄4 lb chicken breast, sliced
- cashews (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a medium sized pot or wok. Add the curry paste and mix well, letting it sizzle for 1 1/2 minutes. Add the coconut milk and water and stir. When you see bits of red oil coming to the surface (about 5 minutes) add all other ingredients and stir well. Cook on medium heat for about 30 mins, until the sauce has boiled down, stirring frequently. Serve over jasmine rice.