Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My version of the recipe that came with Bright brand Masaman curry paste. It was so easy and tasted as good as at Thai restaurants!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons masaman curry paste
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 4 -5 red new potatoes, chopped in 1 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 large yellow onion, chopped coarsely
- 3⁄4 lb chicken breast, sliced
- cashews (to garnish)
- Heat the oil in a medium sized pot or wok. Add the curry paste and mix well, letting it sizzle for 1 1/2 minutes. Add the coconut milk and water and stir. When you see bits of red oil coming to the surface (about 5 minutes) add all other ingredients and stir well. Cook on medium heat for about 30 mins, until the sauce has boiled down, stirring frequently. Serve over jasmine rice.