Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A rich thai curry sauce that will have you digging in for seconds.
- 1 lb shrimp or 1 lb tofu or 1 lb chicken or 1 lb beef
- 1⁄2-1 lb steak-style French fries or 1⁄2-1 lb potato
- coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 teaspoons cardamom
- 7 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 red chili pepper
- 1 lemon peel
- 1 small red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup onion, sliced
- 1 ginger
- 4 -5 garlic cloves
- 1 avocado
- 1⁄2 fresh orange, juice of
- 1 fresh lime, juice of
- 3⁄4 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish stock
- 6 tablespoons Agave
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1⁄2 chicken or 1⁄2 vegetarian broth
- 1⁄4 unsalted dry-roasted cashews
- 2 cups rice
- Add Coconut Oil to Wok or Large frying pan.
- Toss in the Ginger, grated Garlic, sliced Onions and Red Spice ( or Pepper) Stir with every addition.
- Add Broth.
- Freshly squeeze the lime and add Orange juice Keep heat at a light boil.
- After every addition stir: Lemon Peel, Bay leaves, minced Cashew nuts, Cumin, White pepper, turmeric, cardamon, Oyster Sauce, Agave (careful not to burn it), fish sauce.
- Add Main Ingredients. (Coconut Milk, Fries (or potatoes), Protein sliced to strips).
- Let simmer for 25 minutes Add Cardamon occasionally when stirred. With lip on for a thicker curry.
- Add Thinly sliced Red Peppers and tomatoes and let simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Serve. Tossed Cashew nuts with a sliced Avocado and Drizzled Coconut Milk.
- Add Rice on the side to compliment.