2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Karen From Colorado's Note:
From Thia Cooking and More.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- masaman curry paste (try Masaman Curry Paste)
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, cut into strips
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless beef chuck, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 (14 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup slivered fresh basil or 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- hot cooked rice
- 1Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet or wok over medium high heat.
- 2Add onion and stir-fry about 6 minutes until golden; transfer to a bowl with a slotted spoon.
- 3Add another tablespoon to the skillet or wok; increase heat to high.
- 4Add half the beef; stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes until browned on all sides; transfer to another bowl and set aside.
- 5Repeat with remaining beef adding another tablespoon of oil to prevent sticking if necessary.
- 6Reduce heat to medium; add remaining tablespoon of oil and the curry paste to the skillet or wok; stir and cook 1 to 2 minutes.
- 7Add coconut milk and fish sauce; stir to scrape up bits of cooked meat and spices from the bottom of the pan.
- 8Return beef to wok; bring to boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- 9Add onions and potatoes to the meat; cook 35 to 45 minutes more or until meat and potatoes are tender.
- 10Stir in bell pepper; cook until heated through.
- 11Stir in peanuts and lime juice.
- 12Sprinkle with basil or cilantro.
- 13Serve with rice.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Masaman Curry Beef
Serving Size: 1 (315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 528.8
- Calories from Fat 288
- Total Fat 32.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 85.8 mg
- Sodium 707.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 35.4 g