Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is warm and comforting. Feel free to use as little or as much of the curry paste as you like, it can be rather strong. Serve with rice. Peas tossed into the sauce at the last second are a nice addition too.
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut to bite sized pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large potato, chopped
- 1 (750 ml) can coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste, you can find it in the asian foods section of a large supermarket
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce, should be right by the curry paste
- 1 garlic clove, chopped fine
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- cooking spray
- Lightly coat a large skillet with cooking spray and brown the chicken, in batches if necessary.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook until lightly brown, about 5 minutes on med-high heat.
- Stir together coconut milk, peanut butter, garlic, soy sauce, fish sauce, and pepper together in a bowl.
- Add this mixture to the pan along with the potatoes.
- Lower heat to medium or medium-low and cook until potatoes are tender.
- Taste your sauce and add curry paste in small quantities until you like the heat level. I use one teaspoon at a time, stirring well after each addition.
- Add lime juice and enjoy!