Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Help With Cooking.com
- 7 ounces canned tomatoes
- 4 fluid ounces yogurt
- 4 fluid ounces coconut milk
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons ghee or 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon black onion seeds (nigella)
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- Heat the ghee on a moderate heat in a medium-large pan.
- Add the onion slices and cook gently for about 5 minutes.
- Add the black onion seeds, chopped chillies and the crushed garlic cloves and stir the ingredients together with the onions.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, yogurt and coconut milk and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and simmer gently for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garam masala, chopped coriander, mint and lemon or lime juice and stir well.
Wonderful! Had it with beef, nice and tangy :) I'm a fan of coriander so I put a LOT extra. By the way, cilantro IS coriander :) Thanks for the recipe!! (PS - everyone, use ghee if you can. It has a wonderful flavour).
Really good. I put it through the food processor to make it smooth. I think next time I will crush the black onion seeds (nigella). One side note the Ingredients does not show the chopped coriander, in the last step it mention it.