Girl from India's Note:
A regular tiffin recipe from a Gulf News Cookery Book
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup frozen garden peas
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 -3 green chilies, deseeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, paste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons yoghurt
- 2 -3 cardamoms
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1Wash and soak rice for around 1/2 an hour.
- 2In the meanwhile, cut the vegetables.
- 3Mix the spice powders and yogurt together in a bowl.
- 4Heat oil.
- 5Saute the onion till light brown.
- 6Add the ginger, garlic and green chilli and saute till brown.
- 7Add the spice paste and saute for 5 mins more.
- 8Add some water if needed to avoid burning.
- 9Add the potatoes, peas and rice saute for few mins.
- 10Add 4 cups water and bring to a boil.
- 11Stir and cover with a lid and cook on low till cooked.
- 12Garnish with coriander and fried cashew nuts.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Masala Rice
Serving Size: 1 (379 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 628.3
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.9 mg
- Sodium 38.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 114.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.8 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 13.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: