Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These flat-bread can be served with an Indian curry, seasoned yoghurt or spicy Indian pickles.
Make and share this Masala Puris (Savory, Deep-Fried Indian Flat Bread) recipe from Food.com.
- 200 g refined flour
- 200 g potatoes, boiled and grated
- 2 chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 50 g fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- salt, to taste
- oil, for frying
- Knead together the flour, potato, salt, turmeric powder, cumin seeds, green chillies and coriander leaves with enough water to make a smooth dough.
- Divide dough into marble sized balls and roll out into small, 1 cm thick discs with a rolling pin on a lightly floured surface.
- Deep-fry in hot oil until golden brown.
- Drain on absorbant paper.
- Serve hot.