Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Spicy prawn dish. Take care not to overcook prawns as they can easily turn very rubbery
- 1⁄2 kg prawns (de-veined)
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons red chili paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon methi seeds
- 2 teaspoons garlic paste
- 1 big onion (fried)
- 1 teaspoon jeera powder
- chopped coriander leaves, for garnishing
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 lemon
- Wash prawns and marinate in 1 tbsp vinegar for an hour.
- Grind tomatoes with fried onions.
- Heat oil, add methi seeds, and jeera ,when they splutter,add tomato paste,garlic paste,and chilly paste, braise for 5 mins on medium heat.
- Wash prawns, add to this and add salt, mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup water and cook on low heat, till gravy thickens and prawn is done, add lemon cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and garnish with coriander and julienned ginger.
- Serve hot with naans or jeera rice.