Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Serve as a side to curry, tandoori kangaroo, with some pappadums and raita!
- 8 desiree potatoes (roughly chopped with skin left on)
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon dried chili (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon kalounji seeds (can be bought from an Indian food and spice shop, or leave out)
- 500 ml water
- Grind and mix spices.
- Dry-fry spices until aromatic, then add raw diced potatoes with water - cover and check every few minutes until potato is just cooked (approx. 20 mins).
Excellent recipe! A wee bit spicy but other wise fabulous & easy! And fat free, too! Should your pan run dry, add 1/2c water & stir - it comes right up! I will definitely be making this again. Made for 2/10 Aussie Swap.
We served this as a side to BBQ'd ribs and my DH is wild about them! Yeehaw! Hope you don't mind that we boiled these in oil instead of water!? I didn't use the kalounji seeds, but am now on the lookout for them! Thanks, Chickee! Made for Aussie/New Zealand Recipe Swap.