Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Love coffee, chocolate and chai? This has everything but the actual black tea. I break out this recipe when I want a more indulgent pick-me-up than plain old coffee. It's also a good way to save a pot of coffee that's too strong or too long on the burner. You can make the mix in advance and use it for mocha or cocoa. Tender tastebuds can omit the ancho pepper; curry lovers can add 1/2 tsp ground coriander or cumin, and those who like sin with their spice can substitute full-fat milk and sugar for the diet stuff.
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda granular (or sugar)
- 2⁄3 cup Stevia Truvia (or sugar)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder
- 4 cups brewed coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix together powdered milk, sweeteners, cocoa and spices.
- In a blender or mixing bowl, add the vanilla and 1 cup of coffee to the cocoa mix. Blend or whisk thoroughly.
- Blend in the other three cups of coffee.
- Pour into cups and serve.
What a great coffee. You had me with the cardamom, catwolf. I loved it. This was a wonderful treat. The coffee, chocolate and spices were incredible...all were in perfect ratio to one another, a lovely deep, spicy drink. which I made exactly as written. Thank you so much catwolf for sharing a recipe that I will make often. Into my keeper box this goes. Kudos... Baby Kato