1/2 Photos of Masala Mocha (Spicy!)
Love coffee, chocolate and chai? This has everything but the actual black tea. I break out this recipe when I want a more indulgent pick-me-up than plain old coffee. It's also a good way to save a pot of coffee that's too strong or too long on the burner. You can make the mix in advance and use it for mocha or cocoa. Tender tastebuds can omit the ancho pepper; curry lovers can add 1/2 tsp ground coriander or cumin, and those who like sin with their spice can substitute full-fat milk and sugar for the diet stuff.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/4 cup Splenda granular (or sugar)
- 2/3 cup Stevia Truvia (or sugar)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon clove
- 1/2 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder
- 1Mix together powdered milk, sweeteners, cocoa and spices.
- 2In a blender or mixing bowl, add the vanilla and 1 cup of coffee to the cocoa mix. Blend or whisk thoroughly.
- 3Blend in the other three cups of coffee.
- 4Pour into cups and serve.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Masala Mocha (Spicy!)
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 128.2
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 6.0 mg
- Sodium 170.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 15.9 g
- Protein 11.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: