Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of our specialities and I just love it!
- 1 cup gram flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat flour
- 2 green chilies (optional)
- 2 tablespoons ghee or 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium onion, grated
- cold water
- ghee or oil
- Sift gram flour, wheat flour and salt in a bowl.
- Add in 2 tbsps of ghee or oil.
- Gradually add water.
- Knead to a smooth dough.
- Add corriander powder, chillies, corriander leaves, garlic and onion.
- Knead well.
- Divide the dough into 8 parts.
- Shape them into round balls.
- Roll out each ball into a round disc of 3" diameter.
- Heat a griddle.
- Bake both sides for 2-3 seconds.
- Remove from heat and roll out again into a round disc of 5" diameter.
- Place it back to the griddle and spoon ghee or oil around the edges.
- Cook until both sides are golden brown in colour.
- Remove and serve with any raita or plain yoghurt.