Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 3 cups milk
- 5 cardamom pods
- 3 cups water
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick (1-in long)
- 6 tablespoons coffee, regular grind
- Combine water and milk in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add cinnamon, cardamom pods, sugar and coffee into boiling liquid in saucepan.
- Stir a few times and boil over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes.
- Make sure it does not boil over.
- Strain coffee through cheesecloth into another pan.
- Place coffee over heat and bring to a boil.
- Pour coffee between two pans until thick and creamy.
- Serve in cups immediately.
Mmmmmmm!! This creamy, delicious, tasty, frothy coffee has woken me up from sleep like nothing else ever could! I made just 2 servings of it and I have to tell you, this is just splendid! I used 1 cup each of milk and water, 1 cardamom pod(crushed), 1 1/2 tbsp. sugar, 1/4 cinnamon stick and 1 1/2 tbsp coffee(Nescafe). Will make this often! Thank you for sharing this:) Its really nice and I'd recommend it to everyone.
I made this for the Comfort Cafe tag game. Excellent flavour combination. I made it using skim milk, but pouring the coffee back and forth between two pots made it creamier than I would have imagined. I had to play around a bit with the sugar because I do not like overly sweet drinks. In the end, I made 1/3 of the recipe and used 1 Tbsp of vanilla sugar. Delicious! Thank you, Dancer, for sharing this recipe.
Very nice flavors, and rich and creamy. A nice mid-day treat. Really liked the cardamom flavor!