Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Marinated chicken legs sautéed in a delicious blend of spices doesn't take much time to cook once marinated for 30 minutes and the flavour is so delicious. A very Indian recipe that tingles your taste buds. Enjoy!!!!
- 8-10 chicken legs
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml red chili powder
- 4.92 ml coriander powder
- 2.46 ml crushed garlic
- 4.92 ml grated gingerroot
- 14.78 ml lemon juice
- 1.23 ml cardamom powder
- 19.71-24.64 ml refined flour
- oil (for frying)
- 19.71-24.64 ml oil
- 4-5 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2.46 ml garlic
- 7.39 ml ginger
- 236.59 ml grated onion (use grated onion only for thick coating of sauce n flavor)
- 4.92 ml red chili powder
- 118.29 ml chopped coriander leaves
- 7.39 ml coriander powder
- 2.46 ml garam masala
- 2.46 ml dried fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi)
- 2.46 ml roasted ground cumin
- 5-6 tomatoes, chopped n churned
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 4.92 ml salt (or to taste)
- 2.46 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml water
- 236.59 ml water
- Wash the chicken thoroughly pat dry prick the chicken with a fork.
- Carinate with salt, red chilli powder, garlic, ginger, lemon juice and cardamom powder; set aside for 30 minutes.
- Preparing chicken:.
- Sprinkle flour on the chicken legs. Mix well and deep fry in hot oil on medium flame. Fry them one by one pressing slightly with a slotted serving spoon.
- Drain on tissue paper set aside.
- For masala:.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cloves, cinnamon, ginger, and garlic; stir it. Now add grated onions and stir till onions turn pale in colour.
- Add chilli powder, coriander powder, kasoori methi, cumin powder; mix well. Quickly add 1/2 cup water to avoid spices from burning; cook for a minute on high flame.
- Now add tomato puree, green chillies and salt.
- Cook on high flame till the masala (gravy) is thick.
- When thick, add 1 cup water and cook till dry.
- Mix the fried chicken legs to this gravy; cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Chicken should be coated with the gravy.
- Add water if required.
- Add sugar and coriander leaves; serve hot.
- If baking chicken, marinate for 45 minutes and bake at 200° c for 20 minutes.
Don't let the ingredient list have you thinking you will spend all day in the kitchen -not! The marinade mixes up in minutes and with a little prep it comes together quickly for a delicious meal. Made a halved recipe a few weeks back and about ready for a repeat! Plan on making the full recipe and see how it freezes. Did make a few changes using less of the cloves and cinnamon (slowly introducing them to my family in our main dishes - using snipped parsley with just a little of the coriander for the same reason) Added the full amount of the red chili powder to the halved recipe which was just right for our tastes. Thank you, we enjoyed.