From Easy Indian-style Cookery. Serve garnished with lemon wedges and cilantro. Cook time doesn’t include 6 hours marinating time. This is best prepared a day ahead. Store covered, in refrigerator. Freeze uncooked marinated chicken. Not suitable for the microwave.
- Crush coriander, cumin, and cardamom seeds in grinder or with mortar & pestle.
- Toss seeds and remaining spices in a dry frying pan; stir over heat until fragrant. Remove from heat. Add oil and water, stir until combined.
- Cut diagonal slits about 1cm apart, through to the bones, on both sides of drumsticks.
- Rub spice mixture all over the drumsticks, place in shallow dish; cover, refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
- Heat oiled griddle pan and cook drumsticks until browned and cooked through. Can also be barbecued or grilled.