1/2 Photos of masala chai (indian spiced tea)
Bonnie bonbon's Note:
this is a classic indian masala chai. i would venture to say half a billion people are drinking some version of this every morning. and for good reason -- it is super delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1put the water on the stove and add spices, bring to boil.
- 2cover and let simmer for few minutes.
- 3add sugar or sucanat (whole ground sugar cane--like jaggery) and milk, stir.
- 4bring back to just barely boiling (watch pot, milk will bubble over).
- 5add tea leaves, cover pot, remove from heat.
- 6steep for 5 minutes.
- 7pour through filter to remove spices and tea leaves.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for masala chai (indian spiced tea)
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.5
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 11.3 mg
- Sodium 44.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 16.6 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: