Prep 3 mins
Cook 3 mins
This is delicious; from The Australian Women's Weekly. I made it without the ginger and mint leaves, and replaced the fennel seeds with aniseed, and it tasted fantastic.
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon cardamom pod, bruised
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed fresh mint leaves
- 4 tea bags
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups water
- Combine spices, mint and teabags in teapot. Bring combined milk and water to a boil, pour over spice mixture; stand for 10 minutes.
- Sweeten with a little sugar, if desired. Just before serving, strain.