1/1 Photo of Masai Mara (African Red Pepper Spread)
Adapted from The African Kitchen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 475°F.
- 2Using your hands, coat peppers with a little olive oil.
- 3Place cut side up on a baking sheet.
- 4Sprinkle garlic over peppers.
- 5Roast until they begin to blacken, about 10 minutes.
- 6Turn and roast until other side begins to blacken, about 10 minutes more.
- 7Cool, remove skin, and cut into strips.
- 8Place peppers, garlic, pecans, breadcrumbs, lemon juice, cumin, sugar, chilies, salt and pepper into a food processor.
- 9Puree until smooth.
- 10Pour in remaining olive oil and continue processing until mixture is smooth and glossy.
- 11Serve with freshly baked bread.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Masai Mara (African Red Pepper Spread)
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 981.5
- Calories from Fat 860
- Total Fat 95.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 90.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 14.2 g
- Protein 5.7 g