Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adapted from The African Kitchen.
- 8 large red bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 2 1⁄4 cups olive oil, divided
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup toasted pecans
- 2 cups fresh white breadcrumbs
- 4 lemons, juice of
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 -2 teaspoon finely chopped chile (or to taste)
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Using your hands, coat peppers with a little olive oil.
- Place cut side up on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle garlic over peppers.
- Roast until they begin to blacken, about 10 minutes.
- Turn and roast until other side begins to blacken, about 10 minutes more.
- Cool, remove skin, and cut into strips.
- Place peppers, garlic, pecans, breadcrumbs, lemon juice, cumin, sugar, chilies, salt and pepper into a food processor.
- Puree until smooth.
- Pour in remaining olive oil and continue processing until mixture is smooth and glossy.
- Serve with freshly baked bread.
Thanks! I will keep this recipe in my collection for dips and spreads. We liked the nuts combinations very much! I can imagine to use this for a foundue chinoise as well! Done for ZWT7.