Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adapted from The African Kitchen.
Make and share this Masai Mara (African Red Pepper Spread) recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Using your hands, coat peppers with a little olive oil.
- Place cut side up on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle garlic over peppers.
- Roast until they begin to blacken, about 10 minutes.
- Turn and roast until other side begins to blacken, about 10 minutes more.
- Cool, remove skin, and cut into strips.
- Place peppers, garlic, pecans, breadcrumbs, lemon juice, cumin, sugar, chilies, salt and pepper into a food processor.
- Puree until smooth.
- Pour in remaining olive oil and continue processing until mixture is smooth and glossy.
- Serve with freshly baked bread.
Thanks! I will keep this recipe in my collection for dips and spreads. We liked the nuts combinations very much! I can imagine to use this for a foundue chinoise as well! Done for ZWT7.