Recipe by xochitl angulo
this is a delicious family recipe...it goes with the rest of the tamale dishes...which i have posted in here as well :the actual total time is far less than what it is...i'm actually not sure so if one if you would like to leave a comment and tell mne, that would be greatly appreciated. all in all, it should take about 3 hours
- 5 lbs masa harina flour, preparada
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb lard
- 1 package corn husk
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the ingredients except the lard in one mixing bowl.
- Whip the lard separately in another bowl till fluffy.
- Combine the two, mixing thoroughly until a small quantity of the masa floats when placed in a cup of water.
- (Prepare pot for steaming with rocks or foil balls on the bottom and a layer of husks.) Soak the corn husks in water for a couple of hours.
- Separate the husks into wide enough sheaves to wrap a tamale.
- Spread the masa out on the husk with the back of a spoon to a thickness of about 1/8 of an inch (cover the husk) over appoximately 1/3 of the husk.
- (Leave some room on the bottom to wrap up.) Insert filling in the center, wrap, fold the bottom, stand in pot and steam for two hours.