Recipe by Gingernut
Stolen, then heavily adapted, from a blog. A very nice corn muffin that is not too sweet. Excellent side dish for soups and stews.
Top Review by fostr313
These are so very yummy. Because my husband must eat Gluten Free, we used Jules flour instead of wheat and I lessened the sugar to 1 tbl, and they were just fabulous with homemade soup for dinner and with eggs for breakfast.
- 3⁄4 cup masa harina
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal or 3⁄4 cup polenta
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground dried chile (I used dried chipotle powder)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄4-1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup corn kernel (frozen is fine)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200 C (400 F).
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Add melted margarine, eggs, corn kernels, and enough milk to dry ingredients to make a thick batter, around 1 1/4 cups.
- Spoon batter into muffin tray.
- Bake muffins till golden, around 10 - 15 minutes.