Prep 20 mins
Cook 24 mins
I've made chocolate chip cookies for years, usually following the recipe on the bag of chips. This one is pretty close to the recipe on the bag, but something about this recipe makes the ultimate chocolate chip cookies! Very tasty & easy to make! From Oct 2004 GH.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (one stick)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, lightly toasted and chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- On waxed paper combine flour, baking soda & salt.
- In large bowl, with a mixer at medium speed, beat butter and sugars until creamy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Reduce speed to low; beat in flour mixture until just blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts, if using.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoons, 2 inches apart on ungreased large cookie sheets.
- Bake cookies 10 to 12 minutes or until golden around edges.
- Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool.
- Repeat with remaining dough. Store cookies in tightly covered container at room temperature up to 1 week (they won't last that long).
Great, great cookies. Very easy to make and the baking time was right on! I always use parchment paper -- and these came out perfectly. A handful of these cookies and a nice cold glass of milk!!! HEAVEN!
I agree, these are truly the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever made - they turned out just perfect. I am staying with my in-laws and baking in someone else's kitchen with an oven I was not sure of and they turned out just perfect - I did not change one thing in the recipe
There is something special about these cookies! I don't know what makes them so good, but they are. The flavor is just outstanding and they puff up nice out of the oven. You will probably want to double this recipe because they will be eaten up in no time - at least if your family is anything like mine.