1/1 Photo of Ma's Turnip Greens
MS. CINDY's Note:
Southern Style Soul Food Greens
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash the greens in cold water.
- 2Chop Pork Bacon into 1/2" cubes.
- 3In a large pot add your pork bacon and bacon grease. Cook until bacon starts to turn brown.
- 4Add water into the pot with the pork bacon. Bring to a boil.
- 5Add green into the pot. As the greens cook down add the red pepper pods, salt and black pepper.
- 6Cook to your desire tenderness.
Browse Our Top Greens Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ma's Turnip Greens
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 327.9
- Calories from Fat 321
- Total Fat 35.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 36.6 mg
- Sodium 423.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red pepper pods