- 1 bushel turnip greens
- 1⁄2 lb of old salt pork, bacon (FatBack)
- 1⁄2 cup bacon grease
- 2 red pepper pods, broken into
- salt and black pepper
- 8 fluid ounces boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the greens in cold water.
- Chop Pork Bacon into 1/2" cubes.
- In a large pot add your pork bacon and bacon grease. Cook until bacon starts to turn brown.
- Add water into the pot with the pork bacon. Bring to a boil.
- Add green into the pot. As the greens cook down add the red pepper pods, salt and black pepper.
- Cook to your desire tenderness.