Recipe by bucklebugs
My mother's famous stuffed pepper recipe.
Top Review by Mama Smurff
Very bland dish with not much flavor. I had to cook mine for 60 mins. at 350, which is much longer than the stated time for the peppers to be soft and the meat to be cooked all the way through. I may try this again sometime but will add more spices in to give it more flavor. Thanks for posting! Valerie
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄4 of an onion
- 3 large bell peppers
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- 2 1⁄2 cups instant rice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the onion and garlic finely and place in a bowl.
- Place meat, salt, pepper, and instant rice in the same bowl. mix everything together with hands.
- Cut the peppers in half and take out the seeds.
- Place the meat mixture in the peppers lightly. What's left over goes into balls.
- Put the stuffed peppers into a 9x13 pan and cover the meat with tomato sauce.
- Put aluminum foil over and the pan and cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes at 350°F.