Recipe by Debber
Here's another one my mom made frequently during the winter for Sunday lunches; she'd get it ready before we left for church and then it would be ready to pop in the oven as soon as we arrived home afterwards.
Top Review by puppitypup
Loved it! I made up a half recipe in a 12 muffin tin and had just a little left over. I'm planning to freeze the rest and pull them out for quick breakfasts. For a half recipe I added 1/4 t salt, 1/4 t pepper and 1/4 c chopped onion. Delicious! I used leftovers from our crockpot cornbeef. Thanks Debber!
- 10 slices rye bread, cubed (or wholewheat)
- 1 (12 ounce) can corned beef, crumbled
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 6 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350; grease a 13x9 pan.
- Lay bread cubes in pan, scatter crumbled beef over that, then the cheese.
- Beat eggs and milk, add some salt & pepper to taste; blend well and pour over the cheese-meat-bread; cover with foil.
- At this point, you may chill overnight to serve for breakfast (in which case, allow 20 extra minutes for baking).
- Otherwise bake 45 minutes with foil ON; then remove foil and bake 10 more minutes until bubbly and puffed; serve immediately.