Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Here's another one my mom made frequently during the winter for Sunday lunches; she'd get it ready before we left for church and then it would be ready to pop in the oven as soon as we arrived home afterwards.
- 10 slices rye bread, cubed (or wholewheat)
- 1 (12 ounce) can corned beef, crumbled
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 6 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 350; grease a 13x9 pan.
- Lay bread cubes in pan, scatter crumbled beef over that, then the cheese.
- Beat eggs and milk, add some salt & pepper to taste; blend well and pour over the cheese-meat-bread; cover with foil.
- At this point, you may chill overnight to serve for breakfast (in which case, allow 20 extra minutes for baking).
- Otherwise bake 45 minutes with foil ON; then remove foil and bake 10 more minutes until bubbly and puffed; serve immediately.
Loved it! I made up a half recipe in a 12 muffin tin and had just a little left over. I'm planning to freeze the rest and pull them out for quick breakfasts. For a half recipe I added 1/4 t salt, 1/4 t pepper and 1/4 c chopped onion. Delicious! I used leftovers from our crockpot cornbeef. Thanks Debber!
i just LOVE your moms casseroles. everyone should look at them . made for zaar world tour