Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I am giving ownership to all of these in their names so if you like one try them all. This is from my dad's mother, it's a basic pecan pie recipe but man were they good! Another one always guaranteed at Thanksgiving.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup pecans
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup white Karo
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- Karo can be found in the baking aisle it's vital to many older recipes, it comes in a small box usually on the top shelf.
- Mix the sugar and flour together.
- Add in all the other ingredients.
- Put into unbaked pie shell and bake at 350°F for one hour and fifteen minutes.
- When it is done it will begin to crack on the top.
Gonna try this one. My dh loves pecan pie and I have always let his granny make them for him, but this sounds easy enough. Mary Lou